posted Sep 14, 2015, 12:09 PM by Trina Mangrum
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund's Apple HBCU Scholars Program gives opportunity for 30 college students to be awarded a one -year scholarship applied toward the student's final year of study. Not only will you be able to be awarded up to a $25,000 scholarship, you will also receive an opportunity to develop key skills and help launch their careers at one of the top tech comopanies in the world in Apple.
These scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Be awarded up to $25,000 (scholarship) fortheir senior year of study.
- Participate in a summer internship with Apple in Cupertino, California.
- Participate in a year-round development program to prepare for post-graduation careers.
- Be paired with an Apple employee mentor during their senior year.
- Serve as Ambassadors on their HBCU Immersion experience in Cupertino, California during the spring of 2016.
- Business, Communications, Computer Science, Information Science/Technology, Mathematics, Public Relations and/or Engineering (electrical, mechanical, computer science, or materials science) major
- Enrolled full-time at a four-year accredited HBCU/PBI (Predominately Black Institution)
- Currently in the second-to-last year of study, graduating in May/June of 2017. This means Juniors or Seniors pursuing a fifth year of study.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.30 (transcript required unofficial transcripts accepted).
- Prior internship experience strongly preferred (e.g. participation in STEM clubs, campus organizations, etc.)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 18, 2015
TO APPLY, VISIT: