City Services‎ > ‎

Disabled Parking

Disabled Parking

Residential disabled parking was established to provide disabled residents with accessible parking in front of their residences.  In order to apply to have a spot blocked off in front of your house, you must have a disabled placard or plate.  Applications for disabled parking signs are available at the 28th Ward Service Office.

Disabled placard of license plates are obtained through the Illinois Secretary of State. Click here for the Secretary of State website. 

The placard application is available by clicking here.

You may return the disabled sign application to the 44th Ward Service Office or mail it in to the Department of Revenue.

P.O. Box 803100 
Chicago, IL 60680-3100 
ATTN: Disabled Permit Section

When submitting an application, please include a copy of your disabled placard or plate, proof of residency, and a $70.00 check or money order made out to the City of Chicago Department of Revenue.

If the Department of Revenue recommends that the signs be installed, notice will be sent to the applicant, the Alderman's Ward Office, the Committee on Traffic Control and Public Safety and the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities. The City Council will review the findings of the Traffic and Public Safety Committee and vote on the passage of the permit. If the Department of Revenue determines that signs cannot be recommended, notice will be sent to the applicant and the application fee will be refunded. The applicant may appeal the Department of Revenue's decision to the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities within 10 days of the denial.

For more information on this program, please click here.

Disabled Parking Sign Removal

If the applicant moves, becomes deceased or is no longer a person with a disability, notice must be provided to the Department of Revenue.